Tomorrow night is the highlight of the calendar year for any cricket-loving heterosexual female... Allan Border Medal night (read: cricketers in tuxedos).
That is, until their blonde wig on a stick steps onto the red carpet after them. After that moment it's back to realms of fantasy for another year.
So, while I sit in the corner and feel sorry for myself for a) not being married to Ricky Ponting and b) there not being a bottle of H202 strong enough to make my hair blonde and not orange, who do we think will be the winners this year?
Will David Hussey be the state player of the year?
Will Matthew Hayden be the one day player of the year?
Will Brett Lee be the test player of the year?
And of course, which fachion victim will wear animal print? My money is on Michael Clarke.
The countdown is on. And I guess on the plus side for me, it's only really Australian cricketers for whom a blonde escort is a strict prerequisite.
- ► 2009 (51)
- Hello bandwagon, I'm here.
- Hoggy's going
- Brett's the one
- The glamour, the shame
- Yay for Brett and mini-punter on the way
- And you thought the Oscars were hot?
- Classic cracking captions
- He's not just back, he's sexy back!
- Commbank cricket ads
- The rhetoric of Justin Langer
- Hooray for New Zealand
- Bearing in mind that David Hussey is from WA...
- The next World Cup might be more interesting than ...
- Bizarre tidings
- What's wrong with Glenn?
- Cricketers up for grabs
- Theeeeo, way to go
- The bet of the year
- Where in the world is Ricky Ponting?
- Concerning hobbits
- cricinfo: dazed and confused
- Miss Field worships at the altar of Adam Gilchrist...
- Sri Lankan cricketers bring rain, catatonia
- A few things
- What am I prepared to lose for my conviction that ...
- Doin' my bit for the Cap'n
- Brett, Shane and... Dave
- Give me a minute to stop laughing and I'll write t...
- Open letter; why I should work for CA
- I'm only happy when it...
- Lil Dodgeball, look at him go
- Brissie is un-Australian!
- You've got to be kidding
- My rant
- Twenty20 fun on the hallowed turf
- The Satanic Circus and the big bad BCCI
- ▼ February (36)