I'm going to the one dayer on Friday. Yay! Just need to figure out how to skive off from work. Hmm. But I shall contain my anticipation and bask in the events of today.
New Zealand's defeat of England has been covered far more eloquently than I could ever be.
"England: useless like a dead monkey"
"spectacularly... pathetically... feeble"
However I feel it was cricinfo who summed it up best with this headline...
Ryder and McCullum trounce England.
Yep, that's right. A two-man squad could defeat England, and even without the backyard cricket rules.
Sri Lanka beat India and this made me ever so happy, especially after they suggested we are scared of them. Fools! It was a good day in Canberra today.
Also it looks like the Australian tour of Pakistan won't go ahead. I'm pleased with this. Cricket is not an island, nor do I believe it should be (unless it was just up from Antigua, I'd go there in the winter).
The actions of cricketers and cricket boards reverberate, and I think touring countries that are governed by suspicious regimes is seen to endorse said suspicious regimes, whether they mean to or not is irrespective. Plus it's just so unstable with opposition forces as well in Pakistan. If it's not safe it is just not worth the risk.
I'd die if something terrible happened to my Andrew. Or any of them.
Anyway. I've decided to quit my job and play bass guitar in a Wolfmother cover band. Have fun, ya'll.
- ► 2009 (51)
- It's a bird! No...
- Hello bandwagon, I'm here.
- Hoggy's going
- Brett's the one
- The glamour, the shame
- Yay for Brett and mini-punter on the way
- And you thought the Oscars were hot?
- Classic cracking captions
- He's not just back, he's sexy back!
- Commbank cricket ads
- The rhetoric of Justin Langer
- Hooray for New Zealand
- Bearing in mind that David Hussey is from WA...
- The next World Cup might be more interesting than ...
- Bizarre tidings
- What's wrong with Glenn?
- Cricketers up for grabs
- Theeeeo, way to go
- The bet of the year
- Where in the world is Ricky Ponting?
- Concerning hobbits
- cricinfo: dazed and confused
- Miss Field worships at the altar of Adam Gilchrist...
- Sri Lankan cricketers bring rain, catatonia
- A few things
- What am I prepared to lose for my conviction that ...
- Doin' my bit for the Cap'n
- Brett, Shane and... Dave
- Give me a minute to stop laughing and I'll write t...
- Open letter; why I should work for CA
- I'm only happy when it...
- Lil Dodgeball, look at him go
- Brissie is un-Australian!
- You've got to be kidding
- My rant
- Twenty20 fun on the hallowed turf
- The Satanic Circus and the big bad BCCI
- ▼ February (37)