2 points for me. Shit. I should have bet. This always happens. Hurrah for Haydos, the one day player of the year. The worldwide blogging community love and adore you Matty, and I'm sure they're all very pleased for you too.
Here are some random observations.
I am now more certain than ever that Brett Lee gets Botox injections. I know that "you're all laughing at me but I can't move my face to show emotion" look anywhere.
David Hussey missed out on state player of the year, Queenslander Ashley Noffke was the winner. And good WA lad Luke Pomersbach won the Bradman Young Player of the Year. Score! Next year it's Theo Doropoulos' turn. Got that, Theo?!
Andrew Symonds, Brendon Julian, Mark Nicholas and Ricky Ponting are looking gorgeous. And seeing Brendon Julian and Mark Nicholas on stage together is... nice.
Do the Rogue Traders have a contract with Cricket Australia or what? Because they annoy me, cricket medal nights should feature classy crossover singers like Sarah Brightman, not that God-awful talentless woman. Natalie Bassingthwaighte, please be advised that dresses should not be so short when thighs are so thundery. And please don't shriek at me. I can hear you well enough.
Lara Bingle is a tart. The top half of Mel Gilchrist's dress is nasty. Shane Warne's daughter Brooke is a ranga, like she hasn't got enough problems. I'm just not sure what Kellie Hayden is wearing. Why is Glenn McGrath wearing lilac? Why? And I would very much like vision control to show Brad Hodge now, thanks.
What is Kevin Harrington doing there?
And who is Andrew Symonds with?! Oh, she's the blondest of them all. Grr!
- ► 2009 (51)
- Hello bandwagon, I'm here.
- Hoggy's going
- Brett's the one
- The glamour, the shame
- Yay for Brett and mini-punter on the way
- And you thought the Oscars were hot?
- Classic cracking captions
- He's not just back, he's sexy back!
- Commbank cricket ads
- The rhetoric of Justin Langer
- Hooray for New Zealand
- Bearing in mind that David Hussey is from WA...
- The next World Cup might be more interesting than ...
- Bizarre tidings
- What's wrong with Glenn?
- Cricketers up for grabs
- Theeeeo, way to go
- The bet of the year
- Where in the world is Ricky Ponting?
- Concerning hobbits
- cricinfo: dazed and confused
- Miss Field worships at the altar of Adam Gilchrist...
- Sri Lankan cricketers bring rain, catatonia
- A few things
- What am I prepared to lose for my conviction that ...
- Doin' my bit for the Cap'n
- Brett, Shane and... Dave
- Give me a minute to stop laughing and I'll write t...
- Open letter; why I should work for CA
- I'm only happy when it...
- Lil Dodgeball, look at him go
- Brissie is un-Australian!
- You've got to be kidding
- My rant
- Twenty20 fun on the hallowed turf
- The Satanic Circus and the big bad BCCI
- ▼ February (36)