Ricky Ponting, our brother, our captain, our king.
He's back. He said during the mid-game interview that he'd "been away for a while" SO I WAS RIGHT. His imposter has been playing for him, and poorly. Lucky Ricky came back in time to save himself!
Let's see, he scored 124 and was in for 46 or so overs. He scored seven 4s and one 6. The first innings finished 7 for 317 after the full 50 overs. That's better, boys. Whatever the outcome of this game is, I'm really proud of him.
Elsewhere, Jesse Ryder has been sidelined for three months after his hand met glass and the glass won. He was trying to break into a toilet that had been locked and broke a window, poor poppet.
It happened at 5.30 am so it sounds like drunken escapades to me! This afternoon he had surgery, a reconstruction to the exterior tendon on his index finger, a flap reconstruction, and a skin graft. Ouch. It'll be six weeks before he can even start training lightly.
Team New Zealand's general manager Lindsay Crocker commented.
"...this behaviour is unacceptable and we will have a serious discussion with him to ensure situations like this do not occur in the future. Ryder will pay for the damage and apologise to the bar owner. No further disciplinary action will be taken as Jesse's injuries should serve as enough of a lesson on this occasion."
Best wishes, you drunken lout. Don't worry, if New Zealand dump you, you've ticked the first criteria box for England selection.
EDIT: To the person who searched "Ricky Ponting is so sexy" and ended up here, I'm glad you agree.
- ► 2009 (51)
- It's a bird! No...
- Hello bandwagon, I'm here.
- Hoggy's going
- Brett's the one
- The glamour, the shame
- Yay for Brett and mini-punter on the way
- And you thought the Oscars were hot?
- Classic cracking captions
- He's not just back, he's sexy back!
- Commbank cricket ads
- The rhetoric of Justin Langer
- Hooray for New Zealand
- Bearing in mind that David Hussey is from WA...
- The next World Cup might be more interesting than ...
- Bizarre tidings
- What's wrong with Glenn?
- Cricketers up for grabs
- Theeeeo, way to go
- The bet of the year
- Where in the world is Ricky Ponting?
- Concerning hobbits
- cricinfo: dazed and confused
- Miss Field worships at the altar of Adam Gilchrist...
- Sri Lankan cricketers bring rain, catatonia
- A few things
- What am I prepared to lose for my conviction that ...
- Doin' my bit for the Cap'n
- Brett, Shane and... Dave
- Give me a minute to stop laughing and I'll write t...
- Open letter; why I should work for CA
- I'm only happy when it...
- Lil Dodgeball, look at him go
- Brissie is un-Australian!
- You've got to be kidding
- My rant
- Twenty20 fun on the hallowed turf
- The Satanic Circus and the big bad BCCI
- ▼ February (37)