George, aka Brad Hogg, has quit international cricket.
He has represented Australia in seven tests, and 121 one-day international matches. He will play out the rest of the one day series before embracing his retirement.
He is 37. I wonder if he will keep playing for the Warriors.
I tried to get onto cricinfo to see what their story is, but the site is down. Don't ESPN pay their server bills?!
Aha! That's better. Here's what the good man had to say...
"I haven't even thought about [the ICL]," Hogg said. "I'm out of here for a couple of months. I've got things that I want to sort out at home and get my new chapter in my life organised and on the go. It's an exciting time and a sad time. There are just a few personal issues that are probably the main reason for this decision. I'm going to take a good couple of months off, really decide what I want to do. I've got a number of things on the go at the moment - I won't go into that."
Reading between the lines, does that mean his wife has left him? Apparently he's doing a degree in business, I wonder which uni he's at. Maybe now I'll see him out and about too, along with Gilly. Best of luck George.
Dan Cullen, Bryce McGain, step forward.
- ► 2009 (51)
- Hello bandwagon, I'm here.
- Hoggy's going
- Brett's the one
- The glamour, the shame
- Yay for Brett and mini-punter on the way
- And you thought the Oscars were hot?
- Classic cracking captions
- He's not just back, he's sexy back!
- Commbank cricket ads
- The rhetoric of Justin Langer
- Hooray for New Zealand
- Bearing in mind that David Hussey is from WA...
- The next World Cup might be more interesting than ...
- Bizarre tidings
- What's wrong with Glenn?
- Cricketers up for grabs
- Theeeeo, way to go
- The bet of the year
- Where in the world is Ricky Ponting?
- Concerning hobbits
- cricinfo: dazed and confused
- Miss Field worships at the altar of Adam Gilchrist...
- Sri Lankan cricketers bring rain, catatonia
- A few things
- What am I prepared to lose for my conviction that ...
- Doin' my bit for the Cap'n
- Brett, Shane and... Dave
- Give me a minute to stop laughing and I'll write t...
- Open letter; why I should work for CA
- I'm only happy when it...
- Lil Dodgeball, look at him go
- Brissie is un-Australian!
- You've got to be kidding
- My rant
- Twenty20 fun on the hallowed turf
- The Satanic Circus and the big bad BCCI
- ▼ February (36)