As Dave Hughes said on the Glass House, I'm angry. Thanks to Straight Point for directing me here.
I don't even know where to start. How dare someone throw an egg in someone's face. It's more than just unacceptable, it's utterly degrading and derogatory. Maybe I'm naive, but I just don't understand what would possess someone to do this. Who do they think they are and what gives them the right to treat someone so maliciously?
Whoever did this should be publicly named and shamed. Although after the debacle with Corey Delaney, such shaming might actually turn into celebration, which is sickening. However they should be banned for life from all sporting events, be prosecuted, and be made to apologise publicly to Murali. At the very least.
Only last night I was beaming with pride at being an Aussie, this makes me ashamed. There are some feral people in the world, and a fair portion of them live here. There are people in this country who are an embarrassment to the rest of us (they are probably from the families of people who voted 'no' in the 1967 referendum). These morons ruin things for everyone, and worst of all they do it in the name of being Australian. I'll spare you all a history of racism in this country, but our past is wrought with it.
It's no wonder we're getting (already have?) a reputation for being a bunch of rednecks. If there's anyone out there who wonders if we're all like this, we aren't. But unfortunately, there are a growing number of people who behave in this manner, and a growing culture of racial intolerance. I find it inexplicable. And it's not good enough.
- ► 2009 (51)
- It's a bird! No...
- Hello bandwagon, I'm here.
- Hoggy's going
- Brett's the one
- The glamour, the shame
- Yay for Brett and mini-punter on the way
- And you thought the Oscars were hot?
- Classic cracking captions
- He's not just back, he's sexy back!
- Commbank cricket ads
- The rhetoric of Justin Langer
- Hooray for New Zealand
- Bearing in mind that David Hussey is from WA...
- The next World Cup might be more interesting than ...
- Bizarre tidings
- What's wrong with Glenn?
- Cricketers up for grabs
- Theeeeo, way to go
- The bet of the year
- Where in the world is Ricky Ponting?
- Concerning hobbits
- cricinfo: dazed and confused
- Miss Field worships at the altar of Adam Gilchrist...
- Sri Lankan cricketers bring rain, catatonia
- A few things
- What am I prepared to lose for my conviction that ...
- Doin' my bit for the Cap'n
- Brett, Shane and... Dave
- Give me a minute to stop laughing and I'll write t...
- Open letter; why I should work for CA
- I'm only happy when it...
- Lil Dodgeball, look at him go
- Brissie is un-Australian!
- You've got to be kidding
- My rant
- Twenty20 fun on the hallowed turf
- The Satanic Circus and the big bad BCCI
- ▼ February (37)