As I was driving to the train station this morning I saw a big, black front approaching from the east that resembled the mothership from Independence Day. And from the west, giant CB clouds that look like the clouded mountain in The Amber Spyglass.
It’s going to rain! At least the clouded mountain mothership will provide me with shade.
Also, I read this a few days ago and thought it was interesting.
Sri Lankan Captain Mahela Jayawardene says his team has a great chance of victory in Perth on Friday because he believes Australian players have lost their self belief in close matches.
While I hope this isn't the case, and it goes without saying that he's trying to talk us down in hope it'll affect our performance, I think he might have a point.
The last couple of games you could see that the effort was consistent, we didn’t just lie down when the going got really tough. But that said, the self-belief is different. There have been games where the self-belief and the effort have coupled (with ability, of course) to enable the boys to pulls off monumental and impressive victories.
But is the effort without the confidence enough? The team has been criticised relentlessly in the last few weeks for being arrogant, a term that implies over-confidence. Maybe the critics have been successful in shreading the confidence away. And so there have been losses.
However, this isn’t to say that a) the quality of the opposition hasn’t been enough alone to defeat us, and b) we just didn’t play well enough.
Roll on 1330.
- ► 2009 (51)
- Hello bandwagon, I'm here.
- Hoggy's going
- Brett's the one
- The glamour, the shame
- Yay for Brett and mini-punter on the way
- And you thought the Oscars were hot?
- Classic cracking captions
- He's not just back, he's sexy back!
- Commbank cricket ads
- The rhetoric of Justin Langer
- Hooray for New Zealand
- Bearing in mind that David Hussey is from WA...
- The next World Cup might be more interesting than ...
- Bizarre tidings
- What's wrong with Glenn?
- Cricketers up for grabs
- Theeeeo, way to go
- The bet of the year
- Where in the world is Ricky Ponting?
- Concerning hobbits
- cricinfo: dazed and confused
- Miss Field worships at the altar of Adam Gilchrist...
- Sri Lankan cricketers bring rain, catatonia
- A few things
- What am I prepared to lose for my conviction that ...
- Doin' my bit for the Cap'n
- Brett, Shane and... Dave
- Give me a minute to stop laughing and I'll write t...
- Open letter; why I should work for CA
- I'm only happy when it...
- Lil Dodgeball, look at him go
- Brissie is un-Australian!
- You've got to be kidding
- My rant
- Twenty20 fun on the hallowed turf
- The Satanic Circus and the big bad BCCI
- ▼ February (36)