I am a Theo Doropoulos shipper. For a while it looked like he would be dropped, but he hasn't been, and over the weekend he did good!
In the Twenty20 final (which I was at the WACA for) back in January he was the second highest scorer with 43 (exactly half of Shaun Marsh's 86, hmm) before he was caught and bowled by J rod's future prime minister, the traitor, the brother of sexy Michael, the very talented David Hussey. Shame we lost, damn Victorian tail and superior bowlers.
Anyway on Saturday he scored 75 runs on the road to WA's total of 242. In response, Queensland could only muster 111 with Watto top scoring with 46. In fact he the Warriors were 4 for 33 until Theo showed up and smacked 75 off 63 balls. And that was with four sixes and all.
It was his second 50 in as many games, and considering 44 and 41 were the next highest scores on Saturday, he was without a doubt the star of the show. He also caught Nathan Reardon, batting fourth, for a duck. So the Warriors' six game losing streak has come to an end, and I think Theo is largely responsible (and maybe a bit of credit to the WA bowlers who got the Bulls out in 17.5(!) overs. Shiza! Good work boys.)
I hope he continues to be selected, and in more first class matches.
cricinfo Aus have labelled him "brutal". Lovely! Let's watch this one.
- ► 2009 (51)
- It's a bird! No...
- Hello bandwagon, I'm here.
- Hoggy's going
- Brett's the one
- The glamour, the shame
- Yay for Brett and mini-punter on the way
- And you thought the Oscars were hot?
- Classic cracking captions
- He's not just back, he's sexy back!
- Commbank cricket ads
- The rhetoric of Justin Langer
- Hooray for New Zealand
- Bearing in mind that David Hussey is from WA...
- The next World Cup might be more interesting than ...
- Bizarre tidings
- What's wrong with Glenn?
- Cricketers up for grabs
- Theeeeo, way to go
- The bet of the year
- Where in the world is Ricky Ponting?
- Concerning hobbits
- cricinfo: dazed and confused
- Miss Field worships at the altar of Adam Gilchrist...
- Sri Lankan cricketers bring rain, catatonia
- A few things
- What am I prepared to lose for my conviction that ...
- Doin' my bit for the Cap'n
- Brett, Shane and... Dave
- Give me a minute to stop laughing and I'll write t...
- Open letter; why I should work for CA
- I'm only happy when it...
- Lil Dodgeball, look at him go
- Brissie is un-Australian!
- You've got to be kidding
- My rant
- Twenty20 fun on the hallowed turf
- The Satanic Circus and the big bad BCCI
- ▼ February (37)