I've got one best mate who'll be seriously ticked that none of the IPL folk showed any interest in Glenn McGrath at today's auction. I'm also very surprised. I know he's a bit out of it, but... it's Glenn McGrath! I thought there'd be some interest.
On the other hand, I'm not at all surprised that my Andrew attracted the highest bidding for any of the Australians. According to whoever bought him, he's worth over $1 million. He's worth more to me! Maybe that's why no one could afford Glenn. They were hell-bent on forking all their money out on Andy.
Binga and Gilly were both also bought for sums that would be enough to buy more than just a very nice house.
Ricky Ponting on the other hand was bought for a mere $400 000, and Warney for $480 000. I would have thought Shaaaane would have been worth a lot more and I think Punter might have been worth more if he hadn't gone AWOL and had his inferior impersonator doing his job lately.
I wonder, having seen what everyone's worth in the eyes of a third party, how they all feel about themselves and each other. I wonder if there is any resentment that some are worth more than others, if certain players feel they were undersold. Or, you know, not sold at all.
Mahendra Dhoni got cost $1.6 million. I wish someone would pay me $1.6 million to play Twenty20 cricket for a few weeks. Or you know, just pay me $1.6 million.
Where are all the England players among this? Maybe they got letters telling them not to worry putting their names in the hat. "Don't worry, Ian, we'll call you." Still, I'd have been curious to see what they were worth.
- ► 2009 (51)
- Hello bandwagon, I'm here.
- Hoggy's going
- Brett's the one
- The glamour, the shame
- Yay for Brett and mini-punter on the way
- And you thought the Oscars were hot?
- Classic cracking captions
- He's not just back, he's sexy back!
- Commbank cricket ads
- The rhetoric of Justin Langer
- Hooray for New Zealand
- Bearing in mind that David Hussey is from WA...
- The next World Cup might be more interesting than ...
- Bizarre tidings
- What's wrong with Glenn?
- Cricketers up for grabs
- Theeeeo, way to go
- The bet of the year
- Where in the world is Ricky Ponting?
- Concerning hobbits
- cricinfo: dazed and confused
- Miss Field worships at the altar of Adam Gilchrist...
- Sri Lankan cricketers bring rain, catatonia
- A few things
- What am I prepared to lose for my conviction that ...
- Doin' my bit for the Cap'n
- Brett, Shane and... Dave
- Give me a minute to stop laughing and I'll write t...
- Open letter; why I should work for CA
- I'm only happy when it...
- Lil Dodgeball, look at him go
- Brissie is un-Australian!
- You've got to be kidding
- My rant
- Twenty20 fun on the hallowed turf
- The Satanic Circus and the big bad BCCI
- ▼ February (36)