Records are being smashed daily over in India, or so I hear.
But I don't watch it. I have actually lost interest.
It is on very late here, but it's more than that. It's just not interesting.
Twenty20 cricket is fun to watch on a summer afternoon down at the WACA (providing of course you have decent seats and aren't near a bogan hell-bent on making you ashamed to be the nationality you are).
Other than that it's not engaging like test cricket. I love test cricket... test cricket don't die!
It was great having some of the real stuff on the other night. It was like going home after a holiday. Sure the holiday was good, you looked forward to it and for the first few days at least it was novel, but there's nothing quite like home.
Not that I know how that match has progressed, but still.
Anyhoo, back in January I ordered an autographed first edition copy of an 'autobiography' of a certain cricketer. Being the scabby wench I am, I requested surface mail shipping, and after 14 weeks I resigned myself that either the ship had docked on the sub-continent and the package had been opened by an Indian fan and I'd never see it, or that it was lost in a dark corner of some cargo ship and I'll see it when I'm 45.
But today it got here!
- ► 2009 (51)
- I heart test cricket
- And to whoever searched...
- Harbhajan Singh slapped Sreesanth. Or did he?
- Shane Watson does something
- Guest blog: Where's Zimbabwe?
- Claimed by me
- Toss under spotlights
- The life and times of Graeme Smith
- Another reason Michael Clarke shits me
- Chris Rogers is going to hel-
- Alastair Cook naked
- Anger, hurt, desertion, it's all here
- India suck
- More more more cricket demons
- More subcontinental bewilderment
- More from the realm of recent happenings
- Blog demons
- ▼ April (17)