Mumbai went to the opposite extreme of Chennai and Bangalore when they named their team the...
Indians. With a name like that, the line "I'm glad you're here to tell us these things" springs to mind. They may as well be called the Mumbai Tautology.
Some of the teams were over-zealous but I can't determine whether this lot were aiming for irony, mockery, helpfulness or unoriginality.
Maybe they were aiming for something else entirely and missed the mark. In this case I would suggest they should be re-named the "Red Indians".
Alternatively, maybe the good folk of Bombay are having an identity crisis. Mumbai. Bombay. Mumbai. Bombay. Mumbai.
Whatever it is, I think Mumbai, like Kolkata, need my help. Five seconds' thinking gave me a better name, and so they shall henceforth be referred to as the Mumbai Dragonflies.
Isn't he a cutie?
Rajasthan Royals... now that's a fine name - although they'd better watch out, Bangalore are challengers, specifically royal challengers. Conspiracy? But at least the name is not insane, nor is it an example of the English rhetoric my Year 11 chemistry teacher thought he was the oracle of.
I wonder if the IPL hype will convert to success.
I'm looking forward to it. Is that so wrong of me?
- ► 2009 (51)
- I heart test cricket
- And to whoever searched...
- Harbhajan Singh slapped Sreesanth. Or did he?
- Shane Watson does something
- Guest blog: Where's Zimbabwe?
- Claimed by me
- Toss under spotlights
- The life and times of Graeme Smith
- Another reason Michael Clarke shits me
- Chris Rogers is going to hel-
- Alastair Cook naked
- Anger, hurt, desertion, it's all here
- India suck
- More more more cricket demons
- More subcontinental bewilderment
- More from the realm of recent happenings
- Blog demons
- ▼ April (17)