Sportsfreak's cricket bloggers' tipping competition is going well.
I am in second place.
English people are winning.
The leaderboard looks like this:
King Cricket 30
Republique Cricket 30
Miss Field 29
The Silly Point 26
Well Pitched 26
Beer and Sport 25
Ben from Mike on Cricket 25
Sport Review 24
Mike from Mike on Cricket 22
Cricket With Balls 20
Cricket Action Art 20
Here are the questions for the next round.
1. ODI at Portishead Park: Winner
2. Portishead Park: Highest run-scorer
3. PP: Most wickets
4. ODI at Fosters Oval: Winner
5. FO: Highest run-scorer
6. FO: Most wickets
7. ODI at Lords (no funny titles appropriate there): Winner
8. Lords: Highest run-scorer
9. Lords: Most wickets
10. Shortest innings in terms of balls faced excluding not out batsmen.
Now, Leg Break who usually posts the tips on the Sportsfreak site, is going away. But don't be sad, he'll be back soon.
Unfortunately, however, some naughty people have not yet submitted their tips, so he can't publish the whole list. However, so that everyone knows he isn't cheating (as if anyone would have thought he's cheating - he's a Kiwi not a Pom) here are his tips:
New Zealand - Surely then anger levels are high enough to break the duck?
How - Surely, one of those starts gets converted.
Southee - With a stronger bowling line-up, they are going to target him.
England - Win one, lose the next etc.
KP - Flat track bully on flat track.
Luke Wright - Do not adjust your set.
New Zealand - Too little too late
Vettori - Too little too late
An east one - Daniel Flynn.
Anyone who hasn't submitted their tips as yet should should be advised that the deadline was a few hours ago, so expect to lose a point.
Let's see, who hasn't submitted theirs as yet... Chinaman and Jrod. I'm sure they're either saving lives or rallying on the steps of Cricket Australia to get some old guy selected; both very important reasons to be held up.
Oh, and else's name do I see that hasn't submmited as yet? Ahh, Suave.
I think he's watching the Hoobs. Shame. It could have been great. Because at the moment he's equal first. But not for long.
I must say, I'll be quite disappointed when this is all over, it's been great fun. Who votes Leg Break should maintain ongoing cricket tipping?
- ► 2009 (51)
- KP speaks (and thinks)
- An online novel for the blogrolls
- Chinaman serves it up to the BBC
- England/New Zealand match commentators wonder...
- In summary
- Leadership in cricket
- Steve Waugh: Status Confirmed
- Jane's gone
- Cricket tipping: Round whatever-it-is
- Ian Bell, a Facebook legend
- When the world lets you down
- Hooray for Jrod
- Cricket like teenage girls
- Jacques... a bit more popular than Graeme
- An ode to The England
- A brief exchange
- Luke's turn!
- ▼ June (17)