The ECB have cancelled Zimbabwe's tour of England and Zimbabwe's participation in next year's Twenty20 Championship in England. So pretty much they're banned from England.
Finally, some leadership from someone.
Why did it have to be England?
Oh that's right, because they're the ones with a tour next scheduled.
Wait a minute, aren't India supposed to be in Zimbabwe at the moment? My blog says so!
I lose track.
I've said it before and will reiterate here, sport and politics cannot and should not be separate. The Olympic Games is another can of worms, but for that debate I direct you here.
Anyway, England won't be fined by the ICC because it's actually the British Government banning Zimbabwe from touring.
One day, when Zimbabwe will be back in the cricket circles, when their troubles are less one Robert Mugabe, it'll be great to have them back.
- ► 2009 (51)
- KP speaks (and thinks)
- An online novel for the blogrolls
- Chinaman serves it up to the BBC
- England/New Zealand match commentators wonder...
- In summary
- Leadership in cricket
- Steve Waugh: Status Confirmed
- Jane's gone
- Cricket tipping: Round whatever-it-is
- Ian Bell, a Facebook legend
- When the world lets you down
- Hooray for Jrod
- Cricket like teenage girls
- Jacques... a bit more popular than Graeme
- An ode to The England
- A brief exchange
- Luke's turn!
- ▼ June (17)