Tell me, good folks, do you automatically assume that female cricket fans are gay? I'm sure many are, but no greater percentage than other other sport. And I mean genuine fans, not the tarts who accompany their menfolk to the matches in hope of being filmed half-dressed.
Two weekends ago I was at a political party conference.
I found myself sitting at a table of six where I was the only straight person.
One of the others asked me if I was gay, and I said no.
A bit later, during a particularly boring speech, I pulled my Wisden mag out of my bag.
"Are you sure you're not gay?"
"I like cricket AND men," I explained, flicking through the mag to find a picture of Daniel Vettori.
The best I could do was Kevin Pietersen.
He doesn't do much for the argument of heterosexuality.
- ► 2009 (51)
- A new Ponting
- A win for WA
- My application to coach New Zealand
- When cricket bloggers go crazy...
- Not quite Billy No-mates
- Bad light, as one would say
- Vaughan: Men... AND cricket. No, wait...
- The many faces of Graeme Smith
- Missing in action
- "I'm sorry, I thought you said you were deaf..."
- Life on Mars?
- Cricket... AND men...
- A token post
- The English Stratagem (By The Full Tosser)
- ▼ July (14)