Cricketers have girl babies and the captain of Australia is no exception.
For years I thought he already had a few girls, but when Mrs P announced she had a bun in the oven, at the AB Medal night back in January, it was revealed the child would be their first.
The captain's firstborn is a girl.
Said child popped out this morning, and they have named her Emmy Charlotte. Emmy Ponting. Pretty enough, but wouldn't Emily or Emma have sufficed? Still. Beats Apple.
When Michael Vaughan's wife had their first child, Talullah, the air force did a flyover during a match, as a salute to the captain's firstborn. Pretentious rubbish that I hope we're spared.
Let's also hope they spare her the indignity of a "welcome to the world" magazine photo shoot.
- ► 2009 (51)
- A new Ponting
- A win for WA
- My application to coach New Zealand
- When cricket bloggers go crazy...
- Not quite Billy No-mates
- Bad light, as one would say
- Vaughan: Men... AND cricket. No, wait...
- The many faces of Graeme Smith
- Missing in action
- "I'm sorry, I thought you said you were deaf..."
- Life on Mars?
- Cricket... AND men...
- A token post
- The English Stratagem (By The Full Tosser)
- ▼ July (14)