Superblogger Jrod has accepted the challenge from The Village Cricketer to play an Poms vs Aussies charity match for an English charity, Everyman.
Held at the end of June, it'll be a sort of curtain raiser to the Ashes, and I predict the country who wins this match will also be hoisting the urn at the end of August (if it's the Poms, complete with tickertape and OBEs).
I will donate $10 for every six that's scored.
Hopefully, I'll also be there to cheer on my captain and his boys.
Visit Cricket With Balls if you'd like to play for Australia. I'm going to try and recruit my friend Ricky.
- ► 2009 (51)
- Att: board of selectors
- Hey BlackCaps
- My Joernaal - day 24
- Girly squeals abound
- Turning the screws
- When all else fails...
- Binga, bad to worse
- My Joernaal - day 22
- Aussies to smash Poms in charity match... right?
- Please go away!
- Festivity ahoy
- My Joernaal - day 18
- Ponting - not the worst
- Inadequate solutions to monumental problems
- My Joernaal - day 17
- Ponting denounces graciousness
- One night, a few glasses of Wolf Blass later...
- Australia wins again!
- Bunking off work
- Cricket in sunny Perth
- Retired crickets: more interesting than the curren...
- Cricket Etc
- My first match of the season
- OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THE PROTEAS ARE HERE
- ▼ December (24)