Ten players who could step up and take over from Matthew Hayden with ease.
There are more.
They are talented, capable and lacking only opportunity.
There is no shortage of alternatives, so why haven't we cut the fat already? There's no place for nostalgia in elite sports.
Taxpayer money goes to funding sport in Australia.
I expect Olympic gold medals.
I expect records to be broken.
I also expect cricket selections to be based on merit. For a while now we should have been assisting new, younger players to settle in, not carrying around a dead weight in hope of a miracle.
Sorry it had to be like this Matt, but you've had your chances.
- ► 2009 (51)
- Att: board of selectors
- Hey BlackCaps
- My Joernaal - day 24
- Girly squeals abound
- Turning the screws
- When all else fails...
- Binga, bad to worse
- My Joernaal - day 22
- Aussies to smash Poms in charity match... right?
- Please go away!
- Festivity ahoy
- My Joernaal - day 18
- Ponting - not the worst
- Inadequate solutions to monumental problems
- My Joernaal - day 17
- Ponting denounces graciousness
- One night, a few glasses of Wolf Blass later...
- Australia wins again!
- Bunking off work
- Cricket in sunny Perth
- Retired crickets: more interesting than the curren...
- Cricket Etc
- My first match of the season
- OH MY GOD OH MY GOD THE PROTEAS ARE HERE
- ▼ December (24)