I have really enjoyed this Test series against the Saffers.
Yeah we lost, but to worthy adversaries. There were no heart-breaking flukes; they deserved to win. It's been competitive, tense, exciting, lots of other adjectives that are eluding me right now.
If anyone says Test cricket is dull, hand them a copy of the third Test (or any of them really) and say 'you're wrong, bucko'.
Johnson almost carried Australia at times. Smith shined for South Africa. Ponting nearly redeemed himself. Siddle nearly proved himself. Duminy earnt big-time respect. Hayden reaped scorn.
Representatives from both sides have said at different times that the series was played in good spirit, and I think that certainly showed.
Unlike this time last year.
South Africa you are welcome here anytime.
- A Little Golden Book Classic Tale
- And now for something completely different...
- KP speaks...
- Series wrap - tell your friends
- Incomprehensible bravery
- England foot shooting continues
- Desperate and dateless?
- Grayeme's Joernaal - day 30
- A fracture in the plan
- 3rd Test, 2nd Day, 2nd Session Aus vs SA
- Dear Gilly,
- OBO blogging tomorrow
- Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! Pick me!
- Numero uno up for grabs
- Shut up Roy
- Dhoni stirs it up
- That's a wrap
- ▼ January (17)